Reel Date Video Chat
This was a project I participated in during eHarmony's Hackathon. The idea was to create a video messaging feature within the Guided Communication of the app. My team won Best Project, and the idea was set to be implemented into the product in the coming months.
• Users feeling hesitant to meet someone before validating their real identity
• Lack of user engagement with the messaging platform
• A need for a "break the ice" feature before a real date
Creating a step within eHarmony's existing Guided Communication that will allow users to engage in a video chat with pre-selected questions they can choose to answer and send to their matches.
• Reel Date would act as an upsell within the app. Each time they send a video question or answer to a new match, it would cost 99 cents.
• Improved user engagement would lead to better communication, better dates, and more successful relationships.